Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ladybug Garden: Ava's 1st birthday Party













Planning Ava's birthday party was a labor of love. I wanted everything custom and perfect. I scoured the internet for the best of the best ideas to serve as my inspiration. My goal was to set out to plan the most awesome 1st birthday party ever. In my humbled opinion, I think I captured that feeling. Only one little problem, I never factored in the weather. Which was kind of silly because Ava's birthday is in January, in the dead of winter. The DC metro area generally experiences cold but mild weather when it comes to snow. Well, not this year. Ava's birthday happened during one of the worse winters on record. But hey, that only seemed appropro. We never do anything on a small scale. So, 30 inches of snow was consistent with how we live our lives. Her original party was scheduled for January 30th. It snowed the morning of and we were forced to cancel. I rescheduled for a month later and although it was cold with 5 ft snow drifts on the side of the road, the day couldn't have been more perfect. Below are some of images from the party to include the decor, her cake and candy table, table settings and the cute thank you note I got from etsy.com. I am huge supporter of etsy.com. Check it out, if you haven't already.




Hugs and Love




No comments:

Post a Comment