Thursday, June 24, 2010

Introducing myself...

I'm so excited I've finally decided to forge into the blogging phenomenon. Several of my friends and acquaintances have asked whether or not I currently maintain a blog. The answer outside of creating one for an accelerated computer class was absolutely NOT. Until today that is, I have decided that I would love to share my creative and mommy knowledge with the masses. I think I have an interesting perspective that people will love to follow. So in my blog, I intend to talk about any and everything that strikes my fancy from mommy-isms to offering tips on how to make your kiddie's birthday parties no ordinary event. As the former part-owner of White Dove Weddings which was a full-service event management company, I so enjoyed being involved in the most important day of my clients lives. It really enhanced my appreciation for all things beautiful. And boy, do I love all things beautiful (just ask my husband). I have discovered that I also have a passion for all things "Mom." Who knew, really? My daughter has opened up a whole new world for me that I would love to share with you.

With all of that said, let me introduce myself. My name is Towanna, I'm 34 yrs. old, and live in the greatest state (VA) in the continguous (bias of course). I'm also the extremely proud new mother to my blogs namesake, Ava Grace. Well, she's new in the sense that I just gave birth to her in January 2009. I waited quite a while (33 yrs. old) before embarking on this amazing journey and I'm so glad that I did. I have so much patience when it comes to my daughter. Its my personal magic ingredient for being a successful mom. No one gives you a manual on how to raise your new bundle of joy. You learn from the ground up with everything being so new and different. You second guess everything not sure if you're doing it right or wrong. You put your best foot forward, give it your best shot and hope for the perfect outcome. That's my parenting philosophy that you will come to know as you venture back here from time to time. Hope you decide to follow me. I would love a following. Can you imagine?

Check back with me and I promise to keep the topics entertaining. I'll always sign off on my blog with hugs and love because having joy keeps you alive and well.

So........Hugs and Love,
~T

No comments:

Post a Comment